The Pre-Award Grants and Contracts section at CHeSS supports investigators in applying for interdisciplinary research funding.
Working with the requirements of government agencies, foundations and private funders, the Pre-Award staff helps investigators craft and hone applications to meet the complex and varied needs of each specific funding opportunity. Because CHeSS faculty affiliates hail from the Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Business, Law, Public Policy, and Social Services Administration divisions, we can also help you identify and connect with potential collaborators for your interdisciplinary research project.
We work closely with the CHeSS Post-Award staff and with the University Research Administration to ensure all applications and the management of subsequent grant awards meet the rigorous standards of both the various funding agencies and the University of Chicago.
- Application preparation support
- Guidance on NIH and funder compliance
- Application submission via University’s AURA system
- Response to NIH “JIT” (Just-In-Time) requests
- Subaward application support and subcontract execution
- Interface with University Research Administration on all aspects of grant management
- Specialized support for interdisciplinary research project proposals
Angelique Johnson, Pre-award Grants and Contracts Administrator
Resources for Investigators
- List of External Funding Agencies
- University of Chicago Institutional Information, F&A rates, and fringe benefit rates
- AURA tutorials
- University of Chicago University Research Administration
- University of Chicago Research Administration Concurrence Request Form
- University Research Administration proposal submission forms and templates
NIH Application Forms
- NIH grant application forms and instructions for ELECTRONIC submissions (SF424-R&R)
- NIH grant application forms and instructions for PAPER submissions (PHS 398)
- NIH Biosketch instructions and sample
- Sample NIH Other Support page (PHS 398/2590)
- PMID vs PMCID: What’s the difference?
NIH Policies and Guidelines
- NIH Grant Application Submission Policies as of January 25, 2011
- NIH Grant and Cooperative Agreement Guidance (for due dates on or after January 25, 2010)