Application Instructions and Timeline
National Track applications are due by 5 PM CST on December 1st, 2017. Launch the online application here.
Please note that you will also need to apply separately to any PhD programs of interest, and that individual PhD programs may have different application requirements or earlier deadlines. You should also apply for financial aid when you apply for any PhD programs.
Applicants will be notified in early 2018 regarding whether or not they are invited for an interview for the National Track, which will take place either in person, over skype, or over the phone. Applicants will be notified about final admissions decisions in the spring.
Students who gain admissions to the National Track must provide a letter of support from the Dean of Medical Education at their medical school before they can officially enroll in the program.
Apply to the National Track using the online application. Applicants must submit the following materials and list the PhD departments to which they are applying. Please include your first and last name in all file names:
- 1 page description of your past research experience and current research interests, or your personal statement from your PhD applications if it covers these two topics
- 1 page statement of your career goals and your reasons for pursuing an MD/PhD in the social sciences
- An official undergraduate transcript. Please have transcripts sent electronically to Kelsey Bogue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An official transcript from your MD program. Please have transcripts sent electronically to Kelsey Bogue at email@example.com. If you have not yet begun your first year of medical school, please submit proof of application to an MD program.
- 2 Recommendation letters, which may be the same as those submitted with your PhD application materials. You can upload these to the application. Or, if your references prefer to send their letters directly, please have them sent electronically to Kelsey Bogue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to launch the National Track application. Applications are due no later than 5 PM CST on December 1st, 2017. Applicants should also apply separately to any PhD program(s) of interest by this date.
Please contact Kelsey Bogue, National Track program administrator, at email@example.com with any questions about the application.