The Pre-Award Grants and Contracts section at CHeSS supports investigators who wish to apply for interdisciplinary research funding.
Navigating the requirements of government agencies, foundations, and private donors, the Pre-Award staff helps investigators craft and hone applications to meet the complex and varied needs of specific funders. As CHeSS faculty affiliates hail from the Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Business, Law, Public Policy, and Social Service Administration Divisions, we also help investigators identify potential collaborators for interdisciplinary research projects.
We work closely with the CHeSS Post-Award staff and with the University Research Administration to ensure that each application, and the management of each grant award, meets the rigorous standards of both funding agencies and the University of Chicago.
- Application preparation support
- Guidance on NIH and funder compliance
- Application submission via University’s AURA system
- Response to NIH “JIT” (Just-In-Time) requests
- Subaward application support and subcontract execution
- Interface with University Research Administration on all aspects of grant management
- Specialized support for interdisciplinary research project proposals
Angelique Johnson, Director of Grants Administration
Phone: (773) 702-5066