CHeSS has administered grants and programs funded by a variety of federal agencies and private foundations. See below for a list of some of the agencies we have worked with in the past as well as a list of University of Chicago resources for grant administration.
Federal Granting Agencies
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NICDR)
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- National Institute of Diabetic and Digestive and Kidney Disease (NIDDK)
- National Institute for General Medical Sciences (NIGMS)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH)
- The Donaghue Foundation
- The George E. Richmond Foundation
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- The Retirement Research Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
University of Chicago Resources
- University Research Administration formally submits proposals on behalf of the University of Chicago for investigators, research projects, and unites within the University, and is responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and institutionally accepting awards received from external sponsors. URA is the intermediary for most communications with external funders.
- AURA (Automating University Research Administration) for grants administration. Visit the URA website for training information.
- URA also offers assistance with clinical trials and contracts, training related to research administration, and guidance on University and federal rules and regulations governing funding and the practice of research.
- Institutional Review Board: Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Arete Initiative
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD): The University of Chicago has an institutional membership.
Biological Sciences Division Resources
- CHeSS Methods Core
- Center for Research Informatics (CRI)
- BSD Office of Clinical Research
- BSD Office of Shared Research Facilities (Core Facilities)
- Institutional Review Board: Biological Sciences
- iBi Computing Resources
- Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM)